The demand for quick bites has increased for saving time in this busy life, healthy eating are a trend now a days, bars have just made it easier for those busy life people, Let’s look into Nutrition bar industry.
The Most Popular Types of Bars
Nutrition bars are supplemental bars containing cereals and other high energy foods targeted at people who require quick energy but do not have time for a meal.
Nutrition Bar Industry
The global Nutrition bar market size was valued at $4.66 bn in 2019 and is projected to reach $7.3 Bn by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period. North America had the major market size of $2.69 Bn in 2019.
The Indian Nutritional bars market was estimated at $15.89 Mn in 2020 and is projected to reach $46 Mn by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 30.5%.
Factors for growth
- Nutrition bar benefits consumers who are looking for food that is “ready-to-eat,” and “on-the-go”.
- Since Covid-19 hit, people have started consuming healthier foods options, especially food that is vegan, organic, gluten free, etc. Consumers are attracted towards nutrition bars as they are positioned as healthy alternatives to snacking (and in some cases even meals).
- The prevalence of e-commerce have given a fillip for smaller nutrition bar brands to market their online and expand their customer base.
Key Deals In This Space
Top trends in Nutrition BarHigh protein
High protein bars that contain a high proportion of protein an alternative for carbohydrates and fats.
These are a few top selling protein bars in India.
- RiteBite Max Protein Bars
- Yoga Bars
- Mojo Bar
- And Nothing Else (The Whole Truth)
Fiber is valued at weight-loss and meal replacement bars due to its satiety benefits. Growing interest in digestive health has increased the demand for fiber.
- Flat Tummies
Protein sources such as pea, flax, chia, and sunflower are increasingly being used in nutrition bars products. The IFIC Foundation has found out that one third of American consumes plant-based protein daily.
- B green
- Plant Power
Healthy kids’ bars
These nutritional bars come in kid-friendly flavors and typically contain protein, fiber, whole grains, and superfoods, along with added vitamins and minerals. And this kids bar is trending among the children as they are tasty and healthy.
Wafer bars are also heating up, adding new texture appeal to the bar category and providing a snackfection (Confectionaries to snacks) option.
- Glanbia Performance
These protein bars require refrigeration to hold their shape, texture, and flavor, and to avoid spoilage, as they’re made with whole-food ingredients and no preservatives. Unlike boxed bars, they usually have an expiration date within a few weeks or months, though most can handle being out of the fridge for up to a week.
- Perfect Bar
- Pro Bar Live